Getting the Best Performance Out of Your Cage Dryer
Snyder Manufacturing Company wants to promote safe usage of your Cage Dryer along with some helpful hints on how to get the maximum drying capabilities from your unit.
For the best performance from your Cage Dryer we recommend these simple guidelines and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Preheat the Cage Dryer for approximately 20 minutes to warm the interior of the cabinet. The unit will dry your 1st client faster, especially larger dogs.
- Most owners of the Cage Dryer find that a setting of 85 – 95 degrees gives an optimum balance of fast drying and a safe degree of warmth. Take a little extra time to ‘velocity’ or ‘towel’ dry those longer coats of hair in between the bath and the Cage Dryer.
- Airflow is the key to faster dry times. CLEAN THE FILTER DAILY. A clean filter will allow the maximum delivery of air to your client*.
- A small amount of maintenance goes a long way. Fix any cracking or damage in the animal compartment as soon as it is noticeable to maintain a clean and usable environment.
- With the power disconnected, check for the accumulation of hair in the blower housing. While wearing protective gloves, reach inside and check for compacted hair around the blower fins (opening behind the blower assembly).
Follow these steps for animal safety in the Cage Dryer.
- Use the ‘HOLD’ feature cautiously. Never leave an animal unattended for extended periods of time in a dryer unit with the heat on. Snyder Manufacturing Company recommends that you physically check on the animal in the Cage Dryer every 10 minutes for any signs of possible problems.
- Smaller animals overheat more easily and need less time to dry.**
- Do not use extension cords as the majority of cords available are underrated for the power the dryer requires and could cause a fire hazard.
- Dog tags and very small paws can get caught in the floor rack openings. We recommend removing all collars and laying down an extra piece of Snyder vinyl matting across the top of the floor rack to minimize the chance of a stuck paw.
DO NOT DISABLE SAFETY FEATURES BY REMOVING PARTS OR USING REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT FURNISHED OR RECOMMENDED BY THE TECHNICAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF SNYDER MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
SNYDER MANUFACTURING COMPANY RECOMMENDS REPLACING YOUR FILTER EVERY 18 MONTHS.
SNYDER MANUFACTURING COMPANY CAGE DRYER (UNITS MANUFACTURED AFTER 1995) IS THE ONLY CAGE DRYER ON THE MARKET WITH A PROVEN OVERHEAT SAFETY FEATURE THAT SHUTS DOWN THE POWER SUPPLY IN THE EVENT OF EXCESSIVE HEAT BUILD-UP.